STATEMENT OF POLICY
We are an equal opportunities employer and take every opportunity to promote equal opportunities with all our employees.
No job applicant or employee is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. This covers all types of discrimination, including direct, indirect, harassment, victimisation, associative and perceptive.
In addition, no individual will be treated less favourably because they work either on a part-time or fixed-term basis.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
1) The recruitment and selection process is crucially important to us as an equal opportunities employer. We will endeavour through appropriate training to ensure that employees making selection and recruitment decisions will not discriminate, whether consciously or unconsciously, in making these decisions.
2) Promotion and advancement will be made on merit and all decisions relating to this will be made within the overall framework and principles of our equal opportunities policy.
3) Job descriptions will be revised to ensure that they are in line with our equal opportunities policy. Job requirements will be reflected accurately in any personnel specifications.
4) We will adopt a consistent, non- discriminatory approach to the advertising of vacancies.
5) We will not confine our recruitment to areas or media sources which provide only, or mainly, applicants of a particular group.
6) All applicants who apply for jobs with us will receive fair treatment and will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
7) All employees involved in the recruitment process will periodically review their selection criteria to ensure that they are related to the job requirements and do not unlawfully discriminate.
8) Short listing and interviewing will be carried out by more than one person where possible
9) Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and will not be of a discriminatory nature.
10) We will not disqualify any applicant because he/she/they is/are unable to complete an application form unassisted unless personal completion of the form is a valid test of the standard of English required for the safe and effective performance of the job.
11) Selection decisions will not be influenced by any perceived prejudices of other staff.