Main purpose of role
To assist the Head Analyst and Head Coach with tailored performance analysis for the first team senior players and coaching team.
Department: Analysis & Rugby
Location: Sixways Stadium
Reports to: Head Analyst
Contract: Full Time Fixed Term
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Senior Performance Analyst based out of Sixways stadium. You will be responsible for providing performance and statistical analysis to the Warriors senior teams, which will require domestic and international travel, and work closely with coaches and sports scientists to provide high-quality statistical and performance feedback to help optimise pitch performance and off field learning.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The successful candidate will require a high degree of rugby union knowledge and have an extensive level of analysis experience working within elite professional sport. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills for liaising with the team, coaches and players. High organisation skills are paramount as well as being able to prioritise workload effectively. You will be target driven and enjoy working towards KPI’s. An attention to detail is vital in ensuring that all work is delivered to the highest standard.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A masters level qualification in Performance Analysis, Sports Science or extensive experience in an elite performance environment.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a professional rugby environment, in performance analysis.
- A passion for statistics.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work with total discretion.
- Experience in using performance analysis systems and software.
- High level of experience with Microsoft office and similar packages.
- Excellent written skills and creative presentation skills
- A strong work ethic and proactive attitude within the role. Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Valid passport & available to travel domestic and international.
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and as an effective team member.
- The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
- A drive and commitment to create a world-class analysis department in the realms of rugby union.
- An ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail and
- Self Development is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Filming, team and individual coding, statistical collection, data management and opposition scouting.
- Assist the head analyst in the management and development of a leading and innovative analysis department.
- Coding of game stats, Player Individuals and performance analysis support to Worcester Warriors Teams and training sessions
- Collection and management of statistical data
- Collecting and previewing footage of upcoming opponents & identifying key players/threats for scout meetings/videos.
- Creative with video editing content.
- Managing and training of any new performance analysis interns that are involved with our Analysis department during the season.
- Management of Analysis equipment – Including audit of present stock and future requirements.
- Identification and implementation of new and usable technology.
- Day to day IT troubleshooting where possible
- Lead Performance analysis practices in the Worcester Warriors with Innovation and strategic thinking.
How to apply: Click the apply button and include a covering letter telling us about you, accompanied by an up to date CV.
Due to the nature of the role and with the rugby season underway the preferred candidate will be required to start within a two-week time frame after acceptance of the position. In your covering letter please provide us with details on your current notice period.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - WEDNESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER 2021