MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our rapidly growing venue team at Sixways Stadium.
Sixways is home to Gallagher Premiership Rugby club Worcester Warriors, Allianz Premier 15s team Warriors Women, Hellenic League Division One side Worcester Raiders and is a first class multi-purpose venue, facilitating meetings, conferences and events.
The Venue Sales Assistant is responsible for supporting the venue team with conference and venue hire reactive sales. From the initial enquiry administration, updating final details and the hand over to the operations and fulfilment team.
You need to be organised with a passion for people. You will learn key skills to build long lasting client relationships and enquiry conversion techniques. Attention to detail is crucial with good time management.
DEPARTMENT: Venue & Events
POSITION REPORTS TO: Head of Venue & Events
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term 6 months (potential to extend to permanent)
SALARY: £18k pro rata
HOURS: 37.5 per week (5 days out of 7)
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Hold a valid UK drivers license
- Able to demonstrate time management, attention to detail and good organisation are essential
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Confident on the telephone
- Familiar with Microsoft Office in particular Word and Excel
- This is a client facing role therefore excellent customer service skills are required and you must be well presented
- Previous administration experience is desired but not essential
- A sense of teamwork, self-awareness and cooperation are required to fulfil the role and also help to maintain the positive working environment
- Respond and implement internal bookings
- Support the Venue Coordinators with enquiry handling of inbound calls and email enquiries for meetings, conferences and venue hire
- Understand the needs and requirements of the client by following a process of qualifying questions
- Obtain final requirements and schedules from clients and update function sheets to be handed over to the fulfilment delivery team
- Follow up on all open opportunities to exceed conversion target
- Update and fulfil all extras booked by meetings or events on the day for accounting and invoicing purposes
- To act as a link between the sales team and operations fulfilment team
- Maximise sales potential and upsell at every opportunity
- Build client relationships
- Offer show-rounds and face to face client appointments
- Able to communicate with clients and colleagues clearly
- Continuously act in a professional and practical manor
- Work as a team player with all departments
- Lead Generation for the outbound sales team sourcing and researching prospective contacts
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of special events created by Sixways Stadium
- To undertake any other duties deemed commensurate with the post and as directed by management and / or the Company.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 30th November 2021